National Panda Day is celebrated every March 16th to celebrate the beloved animal and to draw attention to its endangered status.
Some quick facts about the giant panda-
- Giant Pandas diet consists mainly of bamboo and they can eat up to 30 lb (14 kg) a day.
- Female adults can weigh up to 200 lb (91 kg) and males can weigh up to 300 lb (136 kg).
- Giant pandas paws have one thumb and five fingers.
- Most wild giant pandas live in the mountains of Central China.
- There are less than 2000 giant pandas left in the wild.
Follow all of the National Panda Day postings on Twitter at the hashtag: